[Vm-dev] Re: FFI syntax

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Mar 25 06:08:15 UTC 2011

On 3/24/2011 19:35, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
> Isn't it the best time to migrate the syntax of FFI calls to Pragmas?
> I know it takes some time to implement the pragma support, but IIRC
> Lukas did that a few years ago, so dusting it off and adding support
> for threaded calls (which I didn't see yet) shouldn't be that hard.

Sorry, but that's a decidedly bad idea. It breaks each and every use of
the FFI out there. The FFI syntax and support is what it is, so please
leave it alone. If you want to implement something different, then
implement something different and do it in a form that doesn't conflict
with the FFI so that both can live side by side.

Cheers,
   - Andreas