[Vm-dev] what to do with old carbon based plugins?

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 15:39:06 UTC 2011

Hi,
I started to build some needed external plugins (they are being build with Cocoa CogMT)... but I found some plugins still using carbon lib (SerialPlugin, MIDIPlugin)... and also, there are some others (B3DAcceleratorPlugin) who I didn't include it because uses carbon very intensively.

So, I wonder how to proceed with this plugins?
I would like to have a "carbon clean vm", so I prefer to gently ask to the plugin owners to rewrite their sources to not use carbon.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Esteban

pd: if someone want to test the already included plugins, they are:

		FloatMathPlugin
		AsynchFilePlugin
		SerialPlugin
		Mpeg3Plugin
		CroquetPlugin
		JoystickTabletPlugin
		MIDIPlugin

(Mpeg3Plugin looks very suspicious right now: )