[Vm-dev] what to do with old carbon based plugins?

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 17:21:18 UTC 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 12:39:06PM -0300, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
> I started to build some needed external plugins (they are being build with Cocoa CogMT)... but I found some plugins still using carbon lib (SerialPlugin, MIDIPlugin)... and also, there are some others (B3DAcceleratorPlugin) who I didn't include it because uses carbon very intensively.
>
> So, I wonder how to proceed with this plugins?
> I would like to have a "carbon clean vm", so I prefer to gently ask to the plugin owners to rewrite their sources to not use carbon.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Cheers,
> Esteban
>
> pd: if someone want to test the already included plugins, they are:
>
> 		FloatMathPlugin
> 		AsynchFilePlugin
> 		SerialPlugin
> 		Mpeg3Plugin
> 		CroquetPlugin
> 		JoystickTabletPlugin
> 		MIDIPlugin
>
> (Mpeg3Plugin looks very suspicious right now: )

FloatMathPlugin, Mpeg3Plugin, and CroquetPlugin are very core to
Cobalt, and I really don't want to see them broken. I don't know
what Carbon is, but I'd prefer you make a VM with the plugins as
they currently exist before changing them, so we can have a
working, cog-compatable VM to fall back on.

--
Matthew Fulmer (a.k.a. Tapple)