[Vm-dev] Missing checks for some libraries

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Mon May 2 09:48:02 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm following Mariano's instructions on how to build a VM on GNU/Linux
(using git://gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed.git and
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2011/04/10/building-the-vm-from-scratch-using-git-and-cmakevmmaker/).

It looks like some library verifications are missing before the
compilation. For example, after typing make, I had the following
error:

   Linking C shared library /home/.../blessed/results/vm-display-null
   /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL

To solve that I had to install libgl1-mesa-dev (for Ubuntu).

Then I got

   /home/.../blessed/platforms/unix/vm-sound-ALSA/sqUnixSoundALSA.c:34:28:
fatal error: alsa/asoundlib.h: No such file or directory

That I solved by installing libasound2-dev (for Ubuntu).

Wouldn't it be possible that the build process displays the missing
dependencies before I have to run make?

Thanks

--
Damien Cassou