[Vm-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] [Ann] Ephemerons for Cog

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue May 24 16:42:37 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 9:09 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 24 May 2011 16:58, Javier Burroni <javier.burroni at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Igor,
> > It's great you have implemented Ephemerons. I'll take a look to the code
> asap.
> >
> > I've sent the following mail to the VSWE-L list like a month ago. It
> > may (or may not) be useful for you
> > saludos
> > jb
> >
> The mail you posted is hard to follow for me, because
> i don't really understand what 'rescued ephemeron' means.
> Is it the one who initially seen without its key being marked, but
> then after full graph traversal
> has it key marked?

In the above a rescued ephemeron is an ephemeron with an unreachable key, an
ephemeron which should be finalized.  I don't think it is good terminology.
 I prefer bereaved ephemeron, since a bereaved ephemeron is one referring to
an object that would die were it not for the reference from ephemerons.
 Other less poetic terms would be triggered, or active.