[Vm-dev] How to build a standard Unix interpreter VM on Linux using a Squeak trunk image

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Nov 20 01:35:43 UTC 2011

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 05:30:24PM -0300, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 2:28 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>

> > This is a topic that deserves an occasional update, so here is an updated
> > step-by-step recipe for building with Squeak on Linux.
> >

> +1   Excellent thread David :)
>

> > These instructions are saved on the swiki at <
> > http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6177>
> >

> Maybe we could also add it in http://www.squeakvm.org/unix/devel.html ?

Maybe we could organize some HOWTO links on this topic. I think that
you have done some very nice presentations on building Cog and using
Pharo. Ultimately, we would like to make it easy for any user of
Squeak/Pharo to be able to build the Cog/Interpreter VM they want
on the Windows/Unix/Linux/Mac/iOS platform of choice. Perhaps a collection
of HOWTO recipes would be a step in the right direction.