[Vm-dev] Re: About Freetype plugin and BYTES_PER_WORD

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Sep 7 12:04:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 07:13:12AM -0400, David T. Lewis wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 11:00:07AM +0300, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> >
> > so, as i understood your changes allow one to use
> > 'self bytesPerWord' idiom?
>
> Yes, that's right. I did not fully test this because I was having
> trouble building a working FreetypePlugin with my oscog setup yesterday
> and I just ran out of time. But the generated code looks right and
> I think that it will address the problem. Excuse the change set, but
> I did not want to check anything in to the repositories without
> someone looking at it.

I did a before and after comparison of generated code on oscog, and
verified that the patch produces no change to generated code for the
VM except for the now correct translation of 'self bytesPerWord' in
the FreetypePlugin.

I committed the VMMaker patch as VMMaker-oscog-dtl.124 and reverted
the added #bytesPerWord from FreetypePlugin in Freetype-Plugin-dtl.63.

If you update to the latest FreetypePlugin, and merge the changes from
VMMaker-oscog-dtl.124, we should now have a FreetypePlugin that compiles
correctly with both trunk and oscog VMMaker.

I think this will also make it possible to merge the oscog branch
of OSProcessPlugin. I'll take a look at this weekend when I get some
free time.