[Vm-dev] FT2Plugin stops working with latest version

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Sep 19 18:50:44 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 09:45:25AM -0300, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to build freetype plugin with latest version (Freetype-Plugin-dtl.63), and it is not working... and using Igor's version (61) it is working fine... unique change between 61 and 63 is:
>
> bytesPerWord
> 	"Answer the size of an object pointer in bytes."
>
> 	^BytesPerWord
>

> ...so... something is wrong with that change... or with my attempts to understand it :P
> maybe I'm missing some initialization?

Hi Esteban,

You are missing the code generation patch, which is in VMMaker-oscog-dtl.124.
This has not yet been merged into the main oscog branch, so you will need to
merge it yourself before building the Freetype plugin.

The changes are here:
  http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2011-September/009328.html

And background is in this thread:
  http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2011-September/009291.html