[Vm-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] Using stdout in Windows --> 'File stdout is closed'

Martin Dias tinchodias at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 23:35:55 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
>     would you please try with both the Croquet.exe and the
> CroquetConsole.exe in
> http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2540/cogwin.zip?.  The
> CroquetConsole.exe is designed to be used from the command line; stupidly
> Windows has this distinction between console apps and windows apps, and
> this distinction affects standard i/o.  If CroquetCOnsole works then the
> implication is that Pharo needs also to build both VMs and the user needs
> to select the console VM for console use and the Windows VM for detatched
> use.

Oh, thanks, using CroquetConsole.exe it works fine.

Now, I realized that in DOS #cr does not work fine as "new line" so I
changed to #crlf... this was necessary also using cygwin and another bash
emulator.

But...  hmmm...

use a special vm + use a different newline character

 => I prefer to avoid that, just using the normal cogvm and redirect to a
file using ">" in command-line.

Thank you very much!