[Vm-dev] Cannot checkout from svn anymore

Stefan Marr smalltalk at stefan-marr.de
Tue Apr 17 16:08:48 UTC 2012

Hi Jeremy:

On 17 Apr 2012, at 17:47, Jeremy Kajikawa wrote:

> I'll be needing to run a checkout on that as well...
>
> But I'll be using the svn interface to pull something recent...
>
> Maybe from that I can find what is needed for Polymorph to bootstrap a
> more complete Amiga Smalltalk-VM as one of its modules

If you are more into C perhaps you should have a look at the interpreter loop of the RoarVM, which is a Squeak-compatible VM written in some C++ subset.

https://github.com/smarr/RoarVM/blob/master/vm/src/interpreter/interpreter_bytecodes.cpp

https://github.com/smarr/RoarVM/blob/master/vm/src/interpreter/squeak_interpreter.cpp#L398

The RoarVM code is a lot more readable than the C code optimized and generated from VMMaker. (interp.c in the SVN)

Best regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr