[Vm-dev] There are something fishy with FFI plugin

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Apr 25 17:26:26 UTC 2012

On 4/25/2012 17:58, Gary Chambers wrote:

> I'll test out tomorrow...
> Ideally we'd want the multithreaded VM at some point,
> investigating direct USB devices on Windows. ReadFile blocks, of
> course...

Of course. Two things you can do:
1) Use overlapped I/O completion routines. This is a bit tricky to get
right so it might be easier to implement option
2) Simply read from within a separate thread. I used this approach for
async file support; you can find prototypical code in
platforms/win32/plugins/AsynchFilePlugin

Cheers,
   -  Andreas