[Vm-dev] Re: ExtendedClipboardPlugin seg faults on Fedora x86_64 ?

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Mon Jan 16 21:40:35 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 6, I wrote(*):
> Bert suggested it may be
> ExtendedClipboardPlugin ...
>> When I drag and drop from the Sugar clipboard into Etoys, I get
>> consistent segmentation faults.
>> I am using the x86_64 Fedora 16 distribution of Sugar and Etoys.

I compiled a rough homemade squeak-vm with the current stable source tree:
http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-4.4.7.2357-src.tar.gz

This resolved the clipboard drops and segmentation faults, though it
introduced a number of other problems which are probably due to my
inexperience.

A useful next step would be to make a complete vm binary for x86_64.

However it would be some time before I could get up to speed with
cmake and rpm:  It will certainly help if someone can jump in and
build an rpm to test.

Best, David

(*) http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2012-January/009863.html