[Vm-dev] Primitive to set an identityHash

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 10:30:16 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Henrik Johansen <
henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no> wrote:

> I really don't see what good could come of it being available in general…

I think it is a nice feature to have. If you just have it in the VM nobody
will see it unless the guy load all VM stuff and checks the code.
For example, for certain hacky scenario, I wanted to create proxies which
have exactly the same identitiHash as the object they proxify. That
primitive let me do that. I was lucky that I asked in the mailing list,
otherwise I would have miss it.
And it is not that we do not have dangerous methods in the image because we
do. So... I would include it since I think it could be useful for someone
doing hacky stuff, but as Stef says, I would put a really really clear
comment.