[Vm-dev] [Pharo-project] is there a way to avoid all the #tryNamedPrimitive:with: * in ProtoObject

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 10:23:28 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> phew... done reading through overquoting :)
>
> +1000 to removing tryXYZprimitive:
>
> I was always wondering what those methods for, until i met a need to
> support debugging when invoking nativeboost-prim methods,
> because it needs special handing when invoking methods with native
> code via debugger.
>
> Then i understood that this mechanism is necessary.. yet a bit awkward..

Funny. Even after implementing the fix, I still do not understand why all
these is needed. Can someone explain to a newbie why invoking primitives
(whether they are normal primitives, named primitives or NB primitives)
from the debugger is different than invoking them normally (as when they
are invoked by normal code)

Thanks

--
Mariano