[Vm-dev] Re: Shrinking windows when Scratch is run on 4.4.7-2357 VM, Ubuntu 12.04 64bit

Miriam Ruiz miriam at debian.org
Tue Jun 5 19:42:09 UTC 2012

2012/6/5 Amos Blanton <amos at scratch.mit.edu>:
> On ubuntu 12.04 64 bit, any change in size of Scratch's window causes it to
> turn black and slowly shrink down to a thin strip. Quite an interesting bug!
>
> Here's a video:
> http://youtu.be/bpTX7O3NDy4

I don't seem to be able to reproduce it in my computer, Debian 64 bits.

> Fullscreen (via the window button - not Scratch's presentation mode) makes
> the window fullscreen, but there is no repaint - the window remains black
> until it is changed back into window mode (by clicking the rectangle). This
> issue also happens on my 32 bit test OS.

Yup, it happens to me too, independently of the virtual machine I use
(I've tried it with 4.0.3.2202 and 4.4.7-2357 with exactly the same
result)

> Here's the command I used to launch, in case it's helpful:
> /usr/lib/squeak/4.4.7-2357/squeakvm -encoding UTF-8 -vm-display-x11 -xshm
> -plugins /usr/lib/scratch/plugins/:/usr/lib/squeak/4.4.7-2357/
> -vm-sound-pulse /usr/share/scratch/Scratch.image

It's exactly the same one that I'm using

> Any idea what might have changed in the VM that could cause these
> issues? Could this be related to changes made for compiz compatibility?

I have no clue, to be honest

Greetings,
Miry