[Vm-dev] Media support for all platforms

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Jun 14 09:09:02 UTC 2012

There's a new group trying to make GStreamer work easily on all platforms:

	http://gstreamer.com/

That might be good opportunity to get more out of John's GStreamer plugin :)

So far the plugin has been pretty much Linux-only. John got it to work on OSX while developing, but that never went "into production".

There are two open-source companies behind this, Fluendo and Collabora. I know some folks at Collabora because they are also behind the OLPC project's networking architecture. Good guys. They promise this will be a staple API. Sounds good all around to me ...

- Bert -