[Vm-dev] [Pharo-project] Plan/discussion/communication around new object format

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 01:38:42 UTC 2012

"Any interest?"

As ever, David, you are a person to say judicious, reasonable things. And what you propose is reasonable, but - alas - it will never happen.
I think you're trying to resolve and defuse conflict here, as you usually do. And that is praiseworthy, but it is turning away from the
politics of this situation.

The players, the ones with actual power, have already decided on an immutability bit. This discussion of today is sort of a sideshow.
Owing to Andreas's high level of knowledge, it appears, by reading this mailing list, that the decision has something to do with him.
I think that's like saying if Steph had once offered an opinion on a mailing list about how Croquet should have been designed that it would have been implemented.
Not likely.

Bottom line:
Steph wants an immutability bit.
Eliot has made up his mind. And he won't demo something he already implemented in Visual Works.
Why is Igor arguing against something his boss wants?

Enjoy the immutability bit. It's on its way.

Chris