[Vm-dev] News about bundling VM (Mac users mostly)

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 16:55:58 UTC 2012

On 21 June 2012 18:45, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> On 2012-06-21, at 18:25, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>>
>> - changed the VM bundle directory layout: now all external plugins
>> and dlls are stored in Contents/Plugins subdir,
>> instead of Contents/Resources as before (see screenshot attached)
>> - changed the external plugin search logic to search this Plugins dir
>> instead of Resources
>
> Very nice! However, what's the reason you did not put the plugins in the MacOS folder? That way a multi-platform all-in-one bundle would have only one subdirectory per platform.

Do you think it is important detail?
I thought bundles live and die on macs.. so why caring putting it there?
For iOS, we can use absolutely different layout , and for non-mac
platforms it is completely unrelated...

I don't know much about bundle convention(s).. but to what i have
seen, they look a bit arbitrary
(i browsed multiple .app bundles).

So, if you (and others) think plugins should be under MacOS subdir, it
will be easy to change that,
before we put VM in use.

--
Best regards,