[Vm-dev] Proposal: get rid of primitive numbers

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Mar 10 18:45:25 UTC 2012

On 3/10/2012 19:15, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> Yes, of course it is easy. I just can't understand why highly
> intellectual people, who able to hack VM seems to be loving practicing
> self-torturing, like in this example. :)

Not sure what you mean. I don't recall if I *ever* had the need to know
what an index prim maps to but if I had to do this more than three times
in a week I almost certainly would write the code I just described. The
history of primitives is such that indexed prims were first, then named
prims were added and that's why there are indexed and named prims side
by side. This could of course be unified along the lines we're talking
about but I fail to see why not doing this would be self-torturing,
given that apparently nobody is bothered by it. And if this just happens
to be bothering you, then you're in a perfect situation to fix it.

Cheers,
   - Andreas