[Vm-dev] open SlangBrowser??

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat May 26 14:00:11 UTC 2012

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 02:45:44AM -0300, Bernardo Ezequiel Contreras wrote:

> Hi all,
>   I'm following the instructions on this page
> http://www.squeakvm.org/unix/devel.html ,
>   I've loaded the package VMMaker and the SlangBrowser but i have no idea
> how to open the SlangBrowser.
>   any ideas?

Hi Bernardo,

SlangBrowser works only with Squeak and with trunk VMMaker.

There is no separate browser to open, it just adds to the existing browser
functionality.

For a browser in Squeak, the square button on the right that says "source"
is used to select various display options, such "source", "documentation",
or "byteCodes". When SlangBrowser is loaded, you get additional options for
"translate to C" and "translate inlined C". This allows you to browse the
Smalltalk VM source, and view the C version of each method at any time
exactly as it will appear in the generated sources.