[Vm-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] GSoC: ARM jitter for Squeak VM

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 19:13:42 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Carla F. Griggio
<carla.griggio at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello!
> I'm copying Lars and Eliot, who worked on this project during the summer,
> so maybe they can update everyone on the state of the project.

It is in progress.  Lars has completed the code generator and is working on
the C calling interface.  There are some changes required to the inline
cache machinery to accomodate the ARM's use of a link register (essentially
the contents of the link register needs to be pushed on and popped from the
stack at the right points so that the rest of the VM sees the same stack
layout as on x86).  So the system isn't ready yet, but it isn't a long way
away either.  Lars is actively working on it when time allows.

HTH
Eliot

--
best,