[Vm-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] Mariano's VM-building instructions don't seem to work

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 19:22:07 UTC 2012

On 19 October 2012 18:40, Craig Latta <craig at netjam.org> wrote:

> Hi all--
>
>      The Cog-building instructions at [1] don't seem to work:
>
> ***
>
>      CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:46 (add_executable):
>      Cannot find source file:
>

> /Users/craig/me/behavior/spoon/processor/kernel/cog-2012-10-19/blessed/macbuild/resources/ProjectBuilder/MainMenu.nib
>
> ***
>
> Hack that one and get:
>
> ***
>
>      CMake Error at HostWindowPlugin/CMakeLists.txt:17 (add_library):
>      Cannot find source file:
>

> /Users/craig/me/behavior/spoon/processor/kernel/cog-2012-10-19/blessed/platforms/iOS/vm/iPhone/plugins/HostWindowPlugin/sqMacHostWindow.c
>
> ***
>
> Hack that one and get:
>
>      CMake Error at CroquetPlugin/CMakeLists.txt:17 (add_library):
>      Cannot find source file:
>

> /Users/craig/me/behavior/spoon/processor/kernel/cog-2012-10-19/blessed/platforms/Cross/plugins/CroquetPlugin/tribox.c

Craig, that probably a sign that you using wrong version of CMakeVMMaker package
not one which is used for the sources committed in git.
For that there is codegen-scripts/LoadVMMaker.st script which loads
exact version of all packages used to build VM.
We usually don't commit code without changing LoadVMMaker.st, and
making sure it builds VM with that version.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.