[Vm-dev] Changing my mailing list subscription

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 21:13:21 UTC 2012

On 5 September 2012 21:12, Camillo Bruni <camillobruni at gmail.com> wrote:

>> However, having a trunk handled with SVN and branches handled with git
>> is perfectly manageable right?
>
> I don't think so. Are there currently any changes flowing back to the SVN trunk?
>
> But then again, how many merges have I done in SVN 1, in git? gazillions...
> concerning merging, SVN is simply outdated, any new distributed versioning
> system (mercurial, git...) outperforms SVN by far.
>
> And so far I must say that git allows me to develop much more agile than SVN.

There's nothing stopping anyone from using git-svn [1] to push to the
SVN repository. (I agree that git is incomparably superior to svn in
every way, but this would allow changes to flow to the supposedly
canonical repository _today_.)

frank

[1] http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-svn.html