[Vm-dev] Re: No GUI on MacOSX 10.5.8 using Cocoa VM

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Wed Sep 26 14:59:21 UTC 2012

On 26/09/12 3:17 AM, Stephan Eggermont wrote:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1496788/building-for-10-5-in-xcode-3-2-on-snow-leopard-error

I found that last night too. I ended up replacing:

   NSApplicationDelegate --> NSObject
   NSWindowDelegate --> NSObject

in the two declarations. With the change, I successfully built a VM.
But, the VM behaved in exactly the same way - displaying only a blank
window. BTW, I noticed there was already code that was commented out,
which effectively did the same as the above.

My understanding now is that NSApplicationDelegate and NSWindowDelegate
just provide compile time checks on the implemented protocol, meant to
formalize a previously informal protocol. So, the underlying
implementation is somehow dependent on OSX-10.6 behaviour.