[Vm-dev] Issue 126 in cog: Too many absolute paths used in CMake files

cog at googlecode.com cog at googlecode.com
Wed Apr 17 16:46:21 UTC 2013

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 126 by damien.c... at gmail.com: Too many absolute paths used in
CMake files
http://code.google.com/p/cog/issues/detail?id=126

In many CMake files, there are absolute paths that prevents compiling on a
different computer than the one used to generate the sources. For example,
build/CMakeLists.txt has something like:

set(EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH "/builds/workspace/PharoVM/Architecture/32/Slave/vm-builder-linux/cog/results")

It looks like one can easily use CMake variables to get the same result:

set(EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/../results")

As a result, I have to maintain a patch to let me build pharo-vm for
Ubuntu. This patch is at
https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm-ubuntu/blob/master/debian/patches/fix-cmake-root-directory.patch