[Vm-dev] SqueakSSL: undefined symbol: SSL_connect, on linux CentOS x64 and latest Cog

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 08:41:02 UTC 2013

On 18 April 2013 23:36, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > unlikely.. the code which used in pluging did not touched for years..
>> > if library API would change, then it would fail to compile in a first place
>>
>> Hm, OK, that's kind've good. I just have an image and VM that _used_
>> to work, and don't anymore, but I've not updated the image other than
>> making my local changes, and it's a Cog 2714 which has SqueakSSL, and
>> I now see SSL_connect errors all the time. These didn't used to
>> happen.
>

> What happens if you switch in the plugin from the other VM?

Ah, I didn't make it clear that it's also the same VM! (Well, probably
a new freshly downloaded 2714.) Since neither the image nor the VM had
changed (modulo limitations of my memory), I thought perhaps the
environment had changed.

One possible next step is to just store my changes and rebuild from a
pristine image. (Easily done, given that I'm just hacking on
Installer.)

frank