[Vm-dev] VM Maker: Qwaq-VMProfiling-eem.66.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 09:37:50 UTC 2013

On 2 August 2013 22:32,  <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:

> Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of CogTools to project VM Maker:
> http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker/Qwaq-VMProfiling-eem.66.mcz

> Name: Qwaq-VMProfiling-eem.66
> Author: eem
> Time: 2 August 2013, 2:32:41.232 pm
> UUID: 6c875f9a-9f18-4476-b8e1-6ddd64b4bfb5
> Ancestors: Qwaq-VMProfiling-eem.65
>
> Release the Qwaq VMProfiler as VMProfiler.  This version derives
> from Qwaq-VMProfiling-eem.65.  Thanks to all at 3D ICC, especially
> Ron Teitlebaum, for permission to release this.
> In memory of Andreas Raab, who gave me the opportunity to build
> Cog, and who was my friend and colleague.  I miss you, Andreas,
> very much.
>
> ==================== Snapshot ====================

First, a big THANK YOU to 3D ICC.

I'm a bit confused by the licence though: in the class comment it says
APL, but in the LICENCE method it says MIT. Which licence is it, or is
it a dual licence, or is it just a mistake?

Lastly, what's the high level summary of the profile? Does one just
load it into a normal image and use it? Does it require any special
bits from the VM? I'm assuming you'd only use it with a Cog VM, for
instance.

And really lastly, what are its dependencies? It looks like it uses
Morphic. Does that have implications for running it in Squeak vs
Pharo?

frank