VM 4.4 build niceness (was: Re: [Vm-dev] [squeak-dev] VM 4.4 build nastinesses - part 1 of probably many)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Feb 14 22:15:29 UTC 2013

On 14-02-2013, at 10:36 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org> wrote:

> One issue we had was that the BitBlt code in the Scratch image was
> using numbered primitives, but the newer VMs don't support them.  If
> you edit them in the image to use the named primitives, it *might* do
> better.

Oh, yes. Well that could certainly cause issues. Indeed the 4.4 VMMaker code has al the obsolete indexed primitive stuff removed. Which is a good thing in general but a touch surprising when it jumps up at you. I see the obsolete named prims are out too; wonder if any of them might be guilty.

I'll dig through the image. Nice catch Yoshiki.

tim
Useful random insult:- Low on thinking gas.