[Vm-dev] debugging the garbage collector

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Feb 15 17:56:20 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 04:50:37PM +0100, Noah Evans wrote:

> Aaaah... I see. Any documentation on the differences between the two
> or I should I just factor out the functions that differ between the
> two when the time comes?
>
> Noah

You will find a great deal of information about Cog and how it differs
from the interpreter VM on Eliot Miranda's Cog Blog:

http://www.mirandabanda.org/cogblog/

My personal advice would be to work with the interpreter VM initially
because it is simpler. Once you have that working, it is a relatively
small step to get Cog going also.

Checking again - what is sizeof(void *) on your platform?

Dave