[Vm-dev] debugging the garbage collector

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Feb 15 18:42:48 UTC 2013

On 15-02-2013, at 10:36 AM, Noah Evans <noah.evans at gmail.com> wrote:

> I already have something (almost) running on the gitorous Cog using
> the mismatched spoon interp.c. It does events and tries to blit
> already. I was intending to move to move to the vanilla interpreter
> afterwards.
>
> If I understand you correctly, you're recommending I rebase using the
> interpreter and move to Cog later.

Yup. Start with the simple stuff. Start with a properly matched tree of files. Makes life plausibly survivable. Your current approach seems rather like trying to bootstrap civilisation directly from open fires to fusion generators. You might manage it but why make things harder than necessary for maximum pleasure?

tim
Try not to let implementation details sneak into design documents.