[Vm-dev] StackVM with latest sources tinyBenchmarks

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 22:02:16 UTC 2013

2013/2/19 Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>:

> Hi All,
>
>     kudos to Nicolas for posting some useful numbers in that they
> provide some context, in this case the other VMs running on the same
> machine.  But wrist slaps to all of you for not specifying:
>
> 1. which OS
> 2. what hardware
> 3. what C compiler was used to compile the VM

Sure, above numbers were not really meaningful, apart the ratio...
Mac OS X (Mac OS 1068 intel)
MacMini 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Compiler: 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)

As for the load, I don't know how to provide a synthetic measurement,
but it's low...
The most annoying piece is Time machine and its disk access, I
sometimes forget to suspend it, but it was off during the
tinyBenchmark.

Nicolas