[Vm-dev] Ubuntu for phones/tablets/etc

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 00:40:22 UTC 2013

After Apple decided to shake its head at us, and given that I'm not a fan
of working around Java, this seems compelling:

http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/phone

Has anyone else here looked at this platform? If so, any gotchas I ought to
know about before buying something to experiment on?

They're supporting both ARM and Atom; I wonder if I might be able to build
Cog for the latter. IIRC there was an issue with Linux and something to do
with thread prioritization, has anyone made any inroads to solving this?
...as that would affect whether or not I considered going with an
Intel-powered device.

Thanks in advance.

--
Casey Ransberger