[Vm-dev] Problem with building the PharoVM: cairo tar -J option invalid

phil at highoctane.be phil at highoctane.be
Sun Feb 24 11:26:23 UTC 2013

Hi,

I was looking at the fixes in the VM (crashes in the last week).

Now, on OSX, I see that there are things (cairo, freetype, ...) loaded
based on a pkg-config something.

But at one point (when "unpacking cairo" when doing make), I got this:

[  2%] Built target freetype2
[  3%] Built target FT2Plugin
[  4%] Built target pkg-config
[  5%] Built target libpng
[  6%] Built target pixman
[  6%] Unpacking cairo ...
tar: l'option -- J est invalide
Pour en savoir davantage, faites: << tar --help >> ou << tar --usage >>.
make[2]: *** [thirdparty/cairo/cairo-1.12.6/touch.cmake] Error 64
make[1]: *** [thirdParty/cairo/CMakeFiles/cairo.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Never got anything like that in the previous builds. So, I wonder.

I did a PharoVMBuilder build in the latest generator image.

Cmake didn't complained in build/ but make does...

Any idea?

Phil