[Vm-dev] OS X equivalent of -vm-sound-null ?

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Sun Jan 6 21:05:33 UTC 2013

Frank wrote:

> I can't see what the OS X analogue to -vm-sound-null is

I don't know the codebase at all, so I am really speaking out of turn
here. Yet, since there was no other answer posted, I couldn't resist a
quick look through some source code: it looks like all the command
line arguments in the Carbon VM are in this file,

http://gitorious.org/squeak-vm/blessed/blobs/master/platforms/Mac%20OS/vm/sqMacUnixCommandLineInterface.c

No mention of sound there, so my guess is that it is not supported.

For comparison the unix command lines has all its arguments in one
file, apart from plugin specific ones:

http://gitorious.org/squeak-vm/blessed/blobs/master/platforms/unix/vm/sqUnixMain.c

I think it should be possible to compile the unix platform vm for Mac
OS X which might help you.

Apparently the Cocoa version of the interpreter VM (in the
platforms/iOS path) does clever things with plists that might be an
alternative way to get what you want, if you don't want to hack the
Carbon VM sources.

Have fun! David