[Vm-dev] Re: I need help building Cog on 64bit Linux (new Squeak server)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Sat Jan 26 22:31:51 UTC 2013

On 01/26/2013 04:02 PM, Ken Causey wrote:
> On 01/26/2013 03:50 PM, Ken Causey wrote:
>> The problem I'm running into now is with building BochsIA32Plugin:
>
> And a little more careful reading would have indicated that this is
> because I missed a step. Well, no, I don't really have any need for the
> Cog VM simulator. So how do I disable building this plugin? Do I need to
> run VMMaker?
>
> Unless I'm misunderstanding it seems like a mistake to me to have that
> plugin built by default. But then I guess I am building from development
> (SVN) sources.
>
> Ken

I'm still hoping there may be something a little simpler than using
VMMaker and regenerating the source but while I wait for a response I
decided I could at least take a look.  First it should be noted that the
instructions in HowToBuild are a bit out of date referring to files

http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog/image/VMMaker-Squeak4.1.changes
http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog/image/VMMaker-Squeak4.1.image

when apparently

CogTrunk43.images and CogTrunk43.changes are apparently the current
files in SVN.  No?

I ran that and tried VMMaker generateConfiguration but this ran into an
MNU for UnixFileDirectory>>pathFromURI: (in VMMaker
class>>generateCogVM) which in fact is not defined in this image.

I'm looking into it myself but any available assistance would be
appreciated.

Ken