[Vm-dev] StackVM builds for RaspberryPi

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Jul 20 03:20:21 UTC 2013

On 19-07-2013, at 8:11 PM, Casey Ransberger <casey.obrien.r at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hrmph. Dunno. Maybe there's a bug in my head.

Most likely in the makefile(s)

> Where should I put this pi-stack-src directory? I have it presently in squeak-svn right next to src/ and platform/ because I'm assuming it would live in the same place as src/ (since it's replacing that directory, right?) If it should be somewhere else, maybe that's the problem.

Nope, it should be sibling of unixbuild, platforms, etc

> What other assumptions am I making that I might not realize I'm making? Let's see. Well, I generated the sources on my laptop and then moved them to the Pi. If the source generation process depends on where the image is in the filesystem (seems like it wouldn't) that might break something. I'm really grasping at straws here.

None of the files relating to ioUTC* are generated, so that shouldn't have any effect. And I generate the sources on my iMac, so that works ok.

I'm still suspicious of your vm/Makefile - it should have in the middle-ish, this -

o		= .o
a		= .a
COMPILE		= $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(XCFLAGS) $(DEFS) $(XDEFS) -DSQUEAK_BUILTIN_PLUGIN \
		  $(INCLUDES) $(XINCLUDES) $(CPPFLAGS) $(XCPPFLAGS) -c -o
LINK		= $(AR) -rc
RANLIB		= ranlib

TARGET		= vm$a
COBJS		= $(INTERP)$o cogit$o sqNamedPrims$o sqVirtualMachine$o sqHeapMap$o\
			sqExternalSemaphores$o sqTicker$o aio$o debug$o osExports$o \
			sqUnixExternalPrims$o sqUnixMemory$o sqUnixCharConv$o sqUnixMain$o \
			sqUnixVMProfile$o sqUnixHeartbeat$o sqUnixThreads$o

IOBJS		= $(INTERP)$o sqNamedPrims$o sqVirtualMachine$o sqHeapMap$o\
			sqExternalSemaphores$o sqTicker$o aio$o debug$o osExports$o \
			sqUnixExternalPrims$o sqUnixMemory$o sqUnixCharConv$o sqUnixMain$o \
			sqUnixVMProfile$o sqUnixHeartbeat$o sqUnixThreads$o

OBJS		= $(IOBJS) # see mkmf

XINCLUDES	=  -I/home/pi/pi-StackVM/Cog/pi-stack-src/vm -I/home/pi/pi-StackVM/Cog/platforms/Cross/vm -I/home/pi/pi-StackVM/Cog/platforms/unix/vm  \
		  -I$(topdir)/platforms/Cross/plugins/FilePlugin \
		  -I$(topdir)/platforms/unix/plugins/B3DAcceleratorPlugin \
		  $(X_INCLUDES)

tim
A paperless office has about as likely as a paperless bathroom.