[Vm-dev] LD_LIBRARY_PATH woes on a 32 bit Debian machine

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 17:21:13 UTC 2013

Casey,

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 1:25 AM, Casey Ransberger
<casey.obrien.r at gmail.com>wrote:

> I've hit this bug too, just the other day, after building a recent Stack
> VM for the Pi (under Raspbian, a Debian derivative.) I tried setting the
> env var, but it didn't help.
>
> I googled and found a report (I linked to it in a recent post on vm-dev,
> too lazy to look for it this second, but I will if it will help the Cause)
> on some Pharo issue tracker where someone else had the same problem. The
> workaround listed was to eschew the squeak startup script and hit the
> binary directly, e.g. run
>
> /usr/local/lib/squeak/<version>/squeak Image.image
>
> ...This would seem to indicate that the startup script is the culprit.

The script os asking you to edit it.  If you read he script you'll see it
contains a simple case statement which is relatively easy to extend.  Frank
has done what is asked and reported the issue to vm-dev so I can extend the
version of the script in the repository.  So how is the script a "culprit"?

--
best,
Eliot