[Vm-dev] Eliot's BlockClosure model questions

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jul 29 17:03:53 UTC 2013

On 29-07-2013, at 1:54 AM, Clément Bera <bera.clement at gmail.com> wrote:
> - Lastly, does VW have the tempVector optimization for escaping write temporaries in their blockClosure ? It seems they have not (I don't see any reference to it in VW 7). Did Pharo/Squeak blocks earns a lot of speed or memory with this optimization ?

Assuming you're talking about what I think you are talking about, VW had it around 12years ago; I remember Eliot explaining it to me at least three times before I quite got it. I happened to be visiting with him for lunch on the day when it first worked well, IIRC.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Re vera, potas bene = Say, you sure are drinking a lot.