[Vm-dev] iOS VM and external bluetooth keyboard: it works!

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Mar 3 00:00:29 UTC 2013

On 02-03-2013, at 2:33 PM, "phil at highoctane.be" <phil at highoctane.be> wrote:

> I am sending the event to the squeak vm on KEYUP but I can also get
> KEYDOWN and the char itself. Not sure what's best for Squeak/Pharo in
> the image. If someone can tell me, it would be great.

AIUI the expectation is for the VM to provide a down event, key event and up event. If you get all three from the OS, use them. If you get a down and an up, fake the middle one - though whether it is better to do so after the down or insert it before the up is an interesting question. If you only get the one event (like RISC OS, which is an issue for Scratch right now) then fake up all three and add them in down/key/up order.

The Scratch issue (which may well interest you on iOS) is that it actually polls the frickin keyboard for state rather than doing the event thing properly.

tim
Fractured Idiom:- PRO BOZO PUBLICO - Support your local clown