[Vm-dev] iOS VM and external bluetooth keyboard: it works!

John McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Mar 3 01:28:36 UTC 2013

Ok well Apple notes: "You might decide to subclass UIApplication to
override sendEvent: or sendAction:to:from:forEvent: to implement
custom event and action dispatching. However, there is rarely a valid
need to extend this class; the application delegate
(UIApplicationDelegate is sufficient for most occasions. If you do
subclass UIApplication, be very sure of what you are trying to
accomplish with the subclass."

But you can sub the app to the store if you wish.

> I am sending the event to the squeak vm on KEYUP but I can also get
> KEYDOWN and the char itself. Not sure what's best for Squeak/Pharo in
> the image. If someone can tell me, it would be great.

As always refer to the documentation

http://isqueak.org/ioGetNextEvent
http://isqueak.org/EventTypeComplex