[Vm-dev] Cross file updates

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Mar 6 13:20:58 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 08:39:32PM -0800, tim Rowledge wrote:

> I've just committed some changes to the Cross platform files that should have no effect for anything but the Acorn code.
> I had to fudge a definition of fileno() so that the push/popOutputFile stuff would compile.
> Added a decl for ioSetCursorARGB()
> Fudged FilePlugin.h for ACORN to keep a long for my (ab)use of the lastOp field.
> Fixed a mismatched decl for ioShowDisplayOnWindow() in HostWindowPlugin.h
> SVN thinks there are a few other lines changed even though I can't find any difference even with a binary editor.

Mr. Jenkins is of the opinion that we need to follow up on other platforms:

  http://build.squeak.org/job/InterpreterVM/

I'm not sure about Windows and Mac, but on Unix the issue is here:

[ 75%] Building C object HostWindowPlugin/CMakeFiles/HostWindowPlugin.dir/home/lewis/squeak/VMMaker-tmp/platforms/unix/plugins/HostWindowPlugin/sqUnixHostWindowPlugin.c.o
/home/lewis/squeak/VMMaker-tmp/platforms/unix/plugins/HostWindowPlugin/sqUnixHostWindowPlugin.c:71:7: error: conflicting types for ‘ioShowDisplayOnWindow’
/home/lewis/squeak/VMMaker-tmp/platforms/Cross/plugins/HostWindowPlugin/HostWindowPlugin.h:21:14: note: previous declaration of ‘ioShowDisplayOnWindow’ was here
/home/lewis/squeak/VMMaker-tmp/platforms/unix/plugins/HostWindowPlugin/sqUnixHostWindowPlugin.c: In function ‘ioShowDisplayOnWindow’:
/home/lewis/squeak/VMMaker-tmp/platforms/unix/plugins/HostWindowPlugin/sqUnixHostWindowPlugin.c:81:7: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘dpy->hostWindowShowDisplay’ from incompatible pointer type
/home/lewis/squeak/VMMaker-tmp/platforms/unix/plugins/HostWindowPlugin/sqUnixHostWindowPlugin.c:81:7: note: expected ‘unsigned int *’ but argument is of type ‘unsigned char *’
make[2]: *** [HostWindowPlugin/CMakeFiles/HostWindowPlugin.dir/home/lewis/squeak/VMMaker-tmp/platforms/unix/plugins/HostWindowPlugin/sqUnixHostWindowPlugin.c.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [HostWindowPlugin/CMakeFiles/HostWindowPlugin.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2