[Vm-dev] Cross file updates

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Mar 6 18:33:44 UTC 2013

On 06-03-2013, at 5:20 AM, "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 08:39:32PM -0800, tim Rowledge wrote:
>>
>> I've just committed some changes to the Cross platform files that should have no effect for anything but the Acorn code.
>> I had to fudge a definition of fileno() so that the push/popOutputFile stuff would compile.
>> Added a decl for ioSetCursorARGB()
>> Fudged FilePlugin.h for ACORN to keep a long for my (ab)use of the lastOp field.
>> Fixed a mismatched decl for ioShowDisplayOnWindow() in HostWindowPlugin.h
>> SVN thinks there are a few other lines changed even though I can't find any difference even with a binary editor.
>>

> Mr. Jenkins is of the opinion that we need to follow up on other platforms:
>
>  http://build.squeak.org/job/InterpreterVM/
>
> I'm not sure about Windows and Mac, but on Unix the issue is here:

Interesting - the reason I had to make that change was because I got the equivalent complaint. I don't care much whether we actually use int or char since it's just a pointer to the bitmap that gets dereferenced. It's quite a while since I did that bit so I'm not sure what my reason was for making a choice one way or the other. I'll look after gym.

tim
Two wrongs are only the beginning.