[Vm-dev] About Smalltalk getSystemAttribute: 1009 [WAS: Re: [Pharo-project] where to report vm crashes? (while running Moose tests)]

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 19:07:50 UTC 2013

Hmmm, gmail is *broken*.  It doesn't show me the full string you state
after "gives:" until I hit reply.  Phhh.

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14 March 2013 19:22, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Igor,
> >
> >     can you reply again but just talk about 1009?  Adding the info on
> 1007
> > and 1008 is very confusing.  Thanks!!
> >

> interpreterSourceVersion
>         "The use of this primitive not recommended. Not all VMs providing
> that"
>
>         "Answer a string corresponding to the version of the interpreter
> source.
>         This represents the version level of the Smalltalk source code
> (interpreter
>         and various plugins) that is translated to C by a CCodeGenerator,
> as distinct
>         from the external platform source code, typically written in C and
> managed
>         separately for each platform. An optional primitive is invoked
> that may not
>         be available on all virtual machines."
>
>         "Smalltalk vm interpreterSourceVersion"
>
>         <primitive: 'primitiveInterpreterSourceVersion'>
>         ^ self getSystemAttribute: 1009
>
> gives:
>  'git://gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed.git Commit:
> 412abef33cbed05cf1d75329e451d71c0c6aa5a7 Date: 2013-03-13 17:48:50
> +0100 By: Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com> Jenkins build
> #14535'

OK.  So the difference between Pharo and Cog right now is that Pharo has
    URL CommitId Date Author
and Cog has
    CommitId URL

I think I can change to agree with Pharo.  Can you email me the Pharo
platforms/Cross/vm/sqSCCSVersion.h file?

--
best,
Eliot