[Vm-dev] SPI Plugin for Raspberry PI

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Mar 29 16:54:12 UTC 2013

On 29-03-2013, at 9:33 AM, Jon Hylands <jon at huv.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm going to be upgrading one of my robots with a Raspberry PI, and I need it to talk to an Arduino over SPI (using level converters to switch from 3.3 to 5 volts). So, I need to write an SPI plugin, which I assume should be very similar (at least under linux) to the SerialPlugin.
>
> I found this page: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6102
>
> Does it more or less describe the state of the art in terms of writing plugins?

Not quite. It completely ignores the SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin class and the plugins that are subclasses from it. It provides some much simpler syntax for handling the fetching of stack parameters and returning answers; take a look at FileCopyPlugin as a really trivial example.

tim
Useful random insult:- One saucer short of a tea-service.