[Vm-dev] Adding CPU specific code for fast bitblt on ARM

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed May 29 20:45:15 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 01:07:59PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

> On 29-05-2013, at 3:57 AM, "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> >
> >   Object>>isDefined:inSmalltalk:comment:ifTrue:
> >   Object>>isDefined:inSmalltalk:comment:ifTrue:ifFalse:
> >   Object>>isDefinedTrueExpression:inSmalltalk:comment:ifTrue:ifFalse:
> >   Object>>preprocessorExpression:
> >   Object>>cPreprocessorDirective:
>

> Those last two seem to rather pointlessly do almost exactly the same thing, differing only in whether the initial $# is provided by the user or the system. Cog-world seems to have only the cPreprocessorDirective: version and no uses of it; plain-interp-world has both and has no uses of cPre? and a single 'real' use of preprocessorExpression: and a single 'testing' usage.

Indeed they are pointlessly different. The last one (#cPreprocessorDirective:) is
one of Eliot's variants that I put into trunk for convenience in merging code from
oscog into trunk.

> There's also a bunch of related code in FT2PluginCodeGenerator where it adds its own translation fooblies.

I think that comes from an externally managed repository (not VMM trunk/oscog).
I have not paid much attention to it, but as far as I know the added foibles
seem to be working.

Dave