[Vm-dev] External Modules--two questions/observations

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sun Nov 10 00:03:42 UTC 2013

I am systematically working through Eliot's Cog Blog :: Building a Cog Development Image checklist on both my 64 bit Linux box with 32 bit compat libs and a slow/old pure 32 bit linux box.

I noticed that both Alien and VMMaker added and "activated" new plugins.
      'IA32ABI VMMaker.oscog-eem.99 (i)'   << post alien
      'SoundPlugin VMMaker-oscog.54 (i)'    <<post alien
      'UUIDPlugin VMMaker-oscog.47 (e)'     <<post alien
      'CroquetPlugin VMMaker-oscog.40 (i)'   <<post VMMaker
      'FloatMathPlugin VMMaker-oscog.40 (i)' <<post VMMaker
     'JPEGReadWriter2Plugin VMMaker-oscog.40 (i)'   <<post VMMaker

While
      SqueakSSL-Plugin-ar.3
      VMConstruction-Plugins-OSProcessPlugin.oscog-eem.44
      Freetype-Plugin-IgorStasenko.64
      VMConstruction-Plugins-AioPlugin-eem.15
Did not show any new plugins in either SmalltalkImage current listLoadedModules or listBuiltinModules.

When I ran into this on my 64 bit box with the 32 bit compat libs, I thought it might be a library problem, however, now that I have done this on the pure 32 bit system, I dont know.

Looking at SmalltalkImage, I did not see any method to LOAD a module. Is there one?

thx.