[Vm-dev] Does Cog Interpreter state and cycle differ from the
standard VM ?
gettimothy at zoho.com
Tue Nov 26 21:22:50 UTC 2013
Does Cog Interpreter state and cycle differ from the standard VM ?
Details are not needed, just a heads up so that when I do get to Cog work, I make it a point to study them.
>From the Blue Book, here is the definition of Interpreter State and Cycle:
1. The CompiledMethod whose bytecodes ar being executed.
2. The location of the next bytecode to be executed in that CompiledMethod: i.e its /instruction pointer/
3. The receiver and arguments of the message that invoked the CompiledMethod.
4. Any temporary variables needed by the CompiledMethod.
5. a stack.
1. fetch the bytecode from the CompiledMethod indicated by the instruction pointer.
2. Increment the instruction pointer.
3. Perform the function specified by the bytecode.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Vm-dev