[Vm-dev] Re: [Pharo-dev] The Second Coming of Java article

Clément Bera bera.clement at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 11:53:48 UTC 2013

Hey,

2013/11/27 phil at highoctane.be <phil at highoctane.be>

> Hi Dave, Eliot,
>
> Dave,
>
> Yes, that is the problem I was running into. I'll check that out. I could
> get a bit further by hacking some version numbers if I remember well but
> then got stuck again. I do not remember why exactly. It felt a bit like
> crossing the desert with a single bottle of water :-)
>
> Eliot,
>
> Thanks for the pointers.
>
> Maybe would it be great to have a Google Hangout or two with the people
> doing the VM work (you both, Clement, Esteban, ...) and go through what
> matters in the process of dealing with the simulators.

There's no so much problems, someone just need to spend time making the
simulator work on Pharo 2.0. Basically you need to fix usages of
TranscriptStream, FileSystem and Morph to new APIs. I will do it at some
point for Sista. But right now I focus on the in-image part so I will do it
later (I hope in a month at most).