[Vm-dev] benchmarking and recent results

Clément Bera bera.clement at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 08:57:14 UTC 2013

Hey,

Stefan, you can integrate in SMark. There some classes that are here only
for the jenkins, I don't know if you need them. See the image in the
jenkins job
I'll have a look at the benchs of Computer Language Benchmarks Game.

Stef, I need a machine reserved for benchs, we are working with Esteban on
setting up one with one of our old mac.

Eliot, I agree that DeltaBlue and Richards were definitely the most useful
in the suite I have. I can put them in the Cog repository but they rely on
SMark, Stefan Mar's framework to bench. I don't know if you want to add
this dependency in Cog. By the way I keep working on the Sista, but with 1
or 2 day of work per week it will take me a while to get back the
infrastructure to work (I mean bytecode -> SSA -> bytecode). The bytecode
to SSA decompiler doesn't support your blockClosure implementation and
there's even more work in the SSA to bytecode generator. When it'll work
I'll contact you back for the new bytecode set.

Ryan, I will have a look at Splay and ParserCombinator. There will
definitely be a huge difference between the Spur version and the current
version of Cog in these benchs.