Duplicate update notices to vm-dev list (was: [Vm-dev] AioPlugin: VMConstruction-Plugins-AioPlugin-eem.15.mcz)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Oct 8 12:25:36 UTC 2013

We received a batch of commit notices like the one below. I believe that these were
probably caused by a restart of the original SqueakSource server, which is being
removed from service (and has been replaced by a new server at http://squeaksource.com).

To prevent recurrence, I have put the squeak-dev-noreply at lists.squeak.org address
into moderated mode for the vm-dev list, which I think will block further updates to
the list (though I am not certain if I got it right).

The "real" squeaksource.com does not currently generate email notifications, and
will not create messages of this type. In addition, I think that the squeaksource
bug that was causing these duplicate messages on image restarts is now fixed, so
hopefully this problem is permanently resolved moving forward.

Dave